I've found a list here of the top U.S. cities for sports fans. The rankings only included cities with pro teams in all four major sports.
It looked at attendance, prices, and the city's total number of sports bars, but NOT how many championships they've won in recent years.
I'm stunned by what city is number one. Dallas??? Really???
Here are the top 12:
4. New York
5. San Francisco
12. Washington D.C.
Did you know PAUL MCCARTNEY was once invited to play in a "super group" with JIMI HENDRIX and MILES DAVIS? He was, but he couldn't make it because he was on vacation at the time.
Just before his death, JIMI HENDRIX was planning on recording with MILES DAVIS. Their sessions were also going to include jazz musician TONY WILLIAMS.
And this "super group" could've had one more piece: PAUL MCCARTNEY.
In 1969 (when Paul was still with THE BEATLES), Jimi, Miles and Tony sent him a telegram that said, quote, "We are recording an LP together this weekend in New York. How about coming in to play bass? Call Alan Douglas."
Paul didn't make the recording session, and it's unclear if he even received the telegram. An assistant replied on his behalf . . . and said that Paul was away on vacation, and wasn't expected back for two weeks.
It's also unclear whether or not that recording session took place at all. In his autobiography, Miles said that he and Hendrix jammed at his apartment, but they didn't get into the recording studio.
The telegram was sent in October of 1969. The Beatles' break-up was officially announced in April of 1970, and Jimi died five months later, in September.
According to a new BankRate.com poll, Tennessee is the best state in the U.S. for retirement.
Statistics on cost of living, crime rates, tax rates, access to medical care and average annual temperatures were compiled to develop the ranking, with the best being states with relatively low cost of living, low crime rates, low tax rates, easy access to medical care and higher-than-average year-round temperatures.
Louisiana follows at number-two, while South Dakota is number-three. Kentucky and Mississippi round out the top five.
|State and |
|Cost of living |
|District of Columbia||29||136||5.70||807.15||5,998||9.30||58.20||49|
A survey of 2,000 people in the UK revealed 50 things you must do in order to live life to the fullest.
The list includes a wide variety of things like having a one-night stand, losing weight, starting a family, going bungee jumping, traveling and paying off debts.
Of course, it’s easier said than done- 65% of people admit they don’t live life to the fullest because they can’t afford it, while almost 40% simply don’t have the time. To that end, life is short…if you’re going to tackle this list, you better start now!
Here’s the full list:
1. Stop worrying about money
2. Stop worrying about what other people think
3. Take two holidays a year
4. Enjoy little comforts in life
5. Experience different cultures
6. Work to live rather than live to work
7. Pay off all debts
8. Be true to yourself
9. Concentrate on what you have instead of what you don't have
10.Use money on experiences rather than saving for a rainy day
11. Make time for family and friends
12. Try all types of food
13. Find true love
14. Travel to at least 25 different foreign countries
15. Go outside more
16. Learn a new language
17. Be well thought of by family and friends
18. Help a member of your family out when they really need it
19. Lose a stone (14 lbs.) in weight
20. Treat each day like it's your last
21. Visit all of Britain's historical landmarks
22. Book an impulsive last minute holiday
23. Volunteer for a good cause
24. Take up a challenge
25. Go on safari
26. Blow a load of money in one shopping trip, just because you can
27. Learn a new instrument
28. Be married for longer than 20 years
29. Have enough money left for the grandchildren to enjoy
30. Start a family
31. Earn more than your age
32. Have a pet
33. Drive a really fast car
34. Travel alone
35. Be able to keep the kids on the straight and narrow
36. Meet strangers
37. Move away from home to an unfamiliar place
38. Have a one night stand
39. Pass your driving test
40. Get a degree
41. Rescue someone so that you're a hero for a little while
42. Date someone exciting but completely wrong for you
43. Get a promotion
44. Reach the desired career peak by age 40
45. Have an all-night drinking session
46. Perform something on stage in front of others
47. Kiss a stranger
48. Plan a surprise party
49. Embark on adrenaline packed activities such as sky diving or bungee jumping
50. Spend time with children even if they aren't yours